SECURITY ATTENDANT I **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||7/23/2021 2:36:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,353.00 - $47,610.00/year with potential growth to $60,694.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Afryea Lucas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Maintain a constant presence in the units and monitor for potential problems or suspicious activity of patients. Patrol the hospital via security vehicle to conduct exterior and interior rounds.
- Enforce safety precautions on the unit. Assist with new patient admissions.
- Conduct foot patrol through various units and property of Springfield Hospital Center.
- Respond to ALL behavioral and medical codes when assistance is needed by nursing and security staff.
- Inform Security Supervisors of ANY and ALL activities during the shift via nursing station phone and security radio. Record ALL activity in the unit and patrol logbook. When necessary complete security incident report after all incidents.
- Patrol the buildings and grounds of SHC and report any incidents that may result in loss of property. Be very vigilant of suspicious activity that may endanger patients and staff. Assist with elopements. Enforce traffic control during emergencies. Escort ALL emergency vehicles on SHC property with constant communication with the hospital operator and security supervisor.
Education: High School diploma or high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be required to operate large vans to transport patients. Employees assigned these duties will be required to obtain a Maryland driver's license of the appropriate class for this type of vehicle
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a Correctional Officer during their probationary period, (Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209). Selection standards for correctional officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.