ACTIVITY THERAPY ASSOCIATE II 'Repost'
FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||4/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.97 - $19.15/hour|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Spring Grove Hospital Center, Catonsville, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This full time contractual position will function at the full performance level of activity therapy support work assisting in the implementation of prescribed activity therapy programs and patient/client assessments for mentally ill, aged or physically ill or physically disabled patients, or developmentally disabled clients who are residents of State treatment facilities or community based programs. This position does not supervise other Activity Therapy Associates but may provide advice and guidance to direct care staff, students and volunteers. This position will receive general supervision from a Therapeutic Recreator or other healthcare professional. This position may be assigned to day, evening or rotating shifts to include holidays and weekends, overtime and on-call duty. This position is required to observe infection control precautions in order to prevent contamination and the spread of disease. This position may be required to restrain patients/clients displaying violent or aggressive behavior. The work may require lifting and positioning of non-ambulatory patients/clients and lifting of wheelchairs and other heavy equipment. The work may require long periods of standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with at least 15 credit hours in health services, human services, education or the behavioral sciences.
Experience: Two years of experience assisting in the implementation of activity therapy programs under the supervision of a healthcare professional to include assisting in patient/client assessments for mentally ill patients, aged, or physically ill or physically disabled patients or developmentally disabled clients.
1. Applicants may substitute two additional years of experience assisting in the implementation of prescribed activity therapy programs under the supervision of a healthcare professional to include assisting in patient/client assessments for mentally ill, aged, physically ill or physically disabled patients or developmentally disabled clients for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy or therapeutic recreation for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Therapy classifications or Therapy specialty codes in the Therapeutic Recreation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vehicles which require a Class "C" motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training.
4. Employees in this classification at facilities with a swimming pool may be required to obtain Red Cross instruction and certification in Life Saving and Water Safety prior to permanent appointment.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.