COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE II
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||6/4/2021 4:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155 with potential growth to $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore City Department of Social Services
Adult Services/Nursing Unit
1510 Guilford Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent of this position is a registered nurse who will provide nursing clinical oversight to In-Home Aide Services (IHAS) Family Support Workers who are licensed as Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), complete nursing assessments and provide instructions on the agency’s personal care program. This function is a component of the Baltimore City Department of Social Services, In-Home Aide Services Program.
At all times, the incumbent will provide customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the standards set by the department.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Two years of experience in community nursing.
2. Six months of experience providing supervision to CNA staff.
3. Six months of experience providing basic nursing skills training to CNA staff.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Platform and Google Suite.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
Online applications process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: Betty Ketterman, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information to Bettyj.firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|