PLAN OF SERVICE CLINICAL REVIEWER
NURSING PRGM CONSULTANT/ADMINISTRATOR I - FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDH Med Care Prgms - Ofc of Health Services|
|Date Opened||7/27/2021 1:57:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.59 - $38.57, with potential growth to $47.52/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experiences as a Registered Nurse including one year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health-related field from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of clinical nursing experience in bedside, acute care or LTC in at least two areas of nursing with demonstrated experience in preparation of detailed and organized chronologies (utilization review, quality assurance, nursing risk management or legal/forensic nursing);
- Three years of experience working with multiple clinical populations such as individuals with chronic conditions, intellectual disabilities, cognitive, neurological, and behavioral impediments;
- Three years of experience testifying as a clinical expert witness and preparing exhibits for hearings/court proceedings;
- Experience utilizing case management systems and/or data management systems; and,
- Two years of experience accurately interpreting and applying Medical Assistance policies and regulations including but not limited to the Maryland Nurse Practice Act, Delegation of Nursing Functions, etc.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.