INTERNAL AUDITOR PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
OSP Business Services Internal Auditor
|Department||DGS Office of State Procurement|
|Date Opened||4/9/2021 11:19:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862 - $92,897/year (based on qualifications and salary|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This Position will serve as the Office of State Procurement (OSP) Business Services Internal Auditor. It will conduct monthly, quarterly and annually requested internal audits to ensure OSP staff and other entities under DGS OSP jurisdiction are performing their duties to accomplish OSP’s core mission, goals and objectives and in performing the powers and duties established by the Code of Maryland.
Additionally, this role will assist in the routine operations of the OSP to include tracking, reconciling and auditing vendor fee assessments, communicating as needed with vendors, administering budgeted financial models and financial planning activities that support and sustain the centralized state-wide electronic procurement system (eMMA). It will also assist in fulfilling the OSP’s mission to support the executive branch in enabling innovation to public procurement effectiveness, efficiency, transparency, value and accountability to benefit the State and its citizens.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Support the Business Services Manager to assure high standards of IT systems and software technology in support of OSP business needs.
- Support the Business Services Manager to ensure financial viability, sustainability and management of all business-related activities.
- Maintain high standard of accuracy and detail of OSP financials to reflect current State regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist with OSP budget, financial audits, fiscal Compliance.
- Review Procurement Officers' contract award postings on the centralized statewide electronic procurement system (eMMA).
- Monitor the Coordinating Entity (CE) for compliance with the Employment Works Program (EWP).
- Verify the posting of Intergovernmental Cooperative Purchasing Agreement (ICPA) Procurement Officers' Determinations (PODs) and pricing information publication after contract award.
- Maintain the routine operations function of tracking, reconciling and auditing eMMA vendor fee assessments. Communication of vendor information to various teams within DGS.
- Facilitate vendor communications to establish monthly vendor usage report submission and payment remittance for eMMA fees due.
- Continuous analysis for the framework of eMMA vendor fee agreements in order to fund the strategic plans of OSP's leadership.
- Support for development and execution of divisional budgets, project budgets, and annual business plans to meet OSP operational and strategic objectives.
- Support for managing the non-lapsing eMMA funds to ensure that all are balanced with sufficient revenues to offset budgeted expenses for OSP business programs.
- Assist, develop and implement OSP mission, vision, goals and objectives to organize and align staff and business processes to maximize DGS / OSP contributions to help the State of Maryland.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications. ·
- Experience working independently and manage multiple business functions.
- Experience analyzing business processes, document workflow, and implement efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Experience developing cost modeling, analyzing and interpret complex financial data.
- Experience leading, thinking creatively, and to formulating and articulate ideas from concept through implementation.
- Substantial knowledge of accounting and budgeting, strategic planning and program management.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and procedures; organizational and instructional development.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet and financial management.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|