PHYSICAL THERAPIST III ADVANCED
|Department||MDH Deer's Head Center|
|Date Opened||9/8/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155.00 with potential growth to $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Andre Harmon|
Deer’s Head Hospital Center has been providing services for over 60 years to the citizens of Maryland and is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Office of Health Care Quality. The facility provides outcome oriented, comprehensive management of complex medical conditions. Our focus on providing excellence in every patient experience is evident in the services we provide in the specialty hospital, inpatient and outpatient dialysis, and skilled/long-term-care. Our quality driven and committed staff is dedicated to meeting the needs of the community and producing desired outcomes for all of our patients.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Deer's Head Hospital Center, Salisbury, MD (Wicomico County)
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners under the licensing requirements for Physical Therapists.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Physical Therapist.
1. A Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Therapy classifications or Therapy specialty codes in the Physical Therapy field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desirable candidate should possess the following:
Experience working with patients with neurologic deficits (CVA, Brain Injury, Parkinson's, etc).
Experience working with patients with upper extremity and lower extremity amputations.
Experience working with geriatric population, preferably with advanced training/specialty.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Physical Therapist from the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.