COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
Technical Support Analyst-Contractual
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||6/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.57 - $24.04 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County
Information Technology Division
989 Corporate Drive
Linthicum, Maryland 21090
Main Purpose of Job
The Technical Support Analyst provides telephone, email, and in-person/on-site technology support to Office of the Public Defender (OPD) staff members. The Technical Support Analyst responds to agency staff support requests and inquiries to perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on computers, agency-managed mobile devices, printers and other peripheral devices. This position participates in the execution of technology projects and initiatives. The Technical Support Analyst contributes to the achievement of service desk goals and objectives. This position may travel to various agency sites to perform on-site work requests and/or deploy new technology devices.
The incumbent within this position must possess the technical expertise, and knowledge of technology used by OPD agency staff along with the steps for troubleshooting and resolving commonly reported technology issues. Must be able to assist OPD staff in the use of newly deployed technology solutions. Must be proactive in in communicating escalations and high-visibility events to the Technology Support Operations Manager, as well as to other IT Department management as appropriate.
Essential job functions the incumbent within this position will complete includes performing troubleshooting and problem resolution on computers, mobile devices, printers, network devices and other peripheral devices. The incumbent will install software on devices, serve as the point of escalation for technology incidents and requests requiring in-person support, log all support request activities into the support tracking system, and escalates support tickets requiring advanced support while complying with departmental standards for responsiveness, escalation and problem resolution. The incumbent will also participate in the execution of technology infrastructure projects and initiative as assigned and proactively communicate the status of various IT related matters, announcements, and alerts to the IT management team as needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute nine credit hours in personal computer applications at an accredited college, university or institution for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the completion of a certification program in computer repair, such as Microsoft A+ or an equivalent program for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of experience providing front line technical support via phone, email, remote tools, and on-site activities
- Experience working in a managed Service (Help) Desk environment utilizing incident management best practices and systems
- Strong working knowledge and experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows desktops/laptops, Microsoft Office, email, printers and responding to general application questions typically found in a Microsoft based computing environment
- Experience with Windows 10 system configuration, troubleshooting, and support tools and techniques
- Experience with network device configuration (i.e. switches, access points, etc.), installation, and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with basic information security concepts (Network account creation, safeguarding passwords, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange administration considered a plus
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to the list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year .
. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8500, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|