COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||9/1/2021 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute nine credit hours in personal computer applications at an accredited college, university or institution for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the completion of a certification program in computer repair, such as Microsoft A+ or an equivalent program for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Technical degree or certification (such as A+, Network+, Server+, MCSA, etc.)
2. Two or more years related working experience providing technical support to PCs/Desktops, printers and other IT peripherals.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
5. Experience with Google Apps or Google Suite.
6. Current certifications in Network+, A+, Server+, MCSA or other related technologies.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to SBE's HR Division at 151 W. St. Suite 200, Annapolis, MD 21401. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Chris Lohr at Chris.Lohr@maryland.gov. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact SBE's HR Division at 410-269-2866.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.