COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST TRAINEE
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||11/22/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodi Reilly|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Serve as the first point of contact for End users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Provide telephone support on hardware, software, network related problems, questions, and use.
- Installing and upgrading some hardware and software systems. Use the current ticketing system to record, distribute, monitor, report, and document instances of problems as they are reported to the Service Desk.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalence evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting, or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or .
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.