COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST I
|Department||LABOR - Labor and Industry - MOSH|
|Date Opened||6/1/2021 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.73 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Chevelle Wise|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer network, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six months of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited of high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A+ certification
- Experience installing and maintaining personal computers; evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; and network printers
- Prefer A+ and/or Network+ certifications
- IT Service management and support experience with ServiceNow
- Experience creating and managing user profiles with ADManager
- Familiarity with Bomgar for remote user support.
- Experience with Cisco NAC/ISE, VolP, 802.1x, Firewall, VPN technologies, and networking management software, i.e., Prime VMware, load balancing technologies and Azure/AWS network experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
***Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: 21-004412-0002 / CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|