IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST I
|Department||COMM - Ofc of Admin & Information Technology|
|Date Opened||5/28/2021 4:51:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/11/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The duties for this position include: the alignment of projects with strategic departmental direction, state e-government initiatives, IT project fiscal planning and fiscal reporting, IT project start-up and support, and establishment and implementation of IT industry standards for the management and execution of projects The position will ensure that IT projects adhere to the full software development life cycle including design and requirements phase, programming, testing, installation, implementation and documentation of Salesforce applications; the development and maintenance of Salesforce Web sites. Incumbent will be responsible for advanced level of work designing, developing, testing, implementing, documenting, maintaining, and providing support for Salesforce applications and ancillary applications; coordinating plans and activities to facilitate specific development projects that involve databases and on-line processing and the coordination of software upgrades; evaluating user requests for new or modified computer applications to determine feasibility, cost and time required, as well as compatibility with current system capabilities.
The selected candidate must possess strong written, interpersonal, oral communications, database reporting, basic website development, and logic skills. It is essential that candidates be capable of adapting to change and learning new technologies with a minimum amount of formal training. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who has served as a project leader on complex applications; has the ability to handle multiple, concurrent and high priority tasks.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Six months of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Describe clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience in one or more of the following: Salesforce Apex Programming; Cirrus Insight, Chatter, or Agile Project Management.
Certifications in: Salesforce Trailhead Administration, Salesforce Trailhead Development highly preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google mail, Access and Excel.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: email@example.com
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST I
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|