IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||9/16/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
Main Purpose of Job
The Systems Administrator provides day-to-day system administration and operational support of the technology infrastructure for the Office of the Public Defender (OPD). The Systems Administrator performs ongoing systems maintenance and administration activities related to: systems patching using Windows SCCM, WSUS and Intune, server/network configuration particularly GPO, CIS level I, and backup using Veeam. Also maintains system performance using native tools within VSphere. Vulnerability and security monitoring using Teneble products specifically Nessus.
The System Administrator will also monitor and manage the Storage Area Network Appliance, create, and manage Shared Folders with proper permissions, Create and manage snapshots within the SAN appliance for volumes and folders. The position is also responsible for execution of various other operational and projects tasks associated with technology infrastructure initiatives. This position may travel to various agency sites to perform special work requests and/or provide training.
The incumbent within this position must possess the technical expertise, and knowledge of principles and practices of supporting all roles of Windows Server 2019 (in an enterprise environment), network security, LAN/WAN communications, and server management operating in a high-availability environment. Must have the ability to participate effectively on project teams to help drive successful completion meeting timeline, quality, and budget targets. Must be able to communicate effectively with IT Department staff, as well as end users and third-party providers. Must have the ability to perform technical system recovery and troubleshoot a broad array of devices and configurations across a multi-site footprint.
Essential job functions the incumbent within this position will complete include serving as the point of escalation for technology incidents and requests including remediation of network and/or server-related incidents, execution of approved network and server requests, and collaborating/mentoring service desk staff. Additionally, this position will assist with incident management related to system performance, hardware and software support, and deployment of laptops, desktops, and printers.
The incumbent will also deploy and configure network devices that include switches, routers, and wireless access points.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
Experience: One year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
1. Thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi-tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
2. One additional year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks may be substituted for high school on a year for year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Three (3)+ years of prior experience operating in a similar system administrator role.
· Direct hands-on experience with troubleshooting and support computers, servers, and network devices operating in a multi-site environment based on Microsoft technology.
· Working knowledge with modern security, system patching, and threat protection best practices, tools, and technologies that are used to protect an enterprise level computing environment.
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting concepts.
· Working knowledge of common support and system administration tasks related to supporting email in a Microsoft Exchange/Outlook based messaging environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260. Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to:
Office of the Public Defender,
Human Resources Division,
6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304,
Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8500, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258.
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.