IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||DGS Office of State Procurement|
|Date Opened||4/26/2021 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/10/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, Office of State Procurement located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
This position supports the eProcurement IT Technical Support Specialist Supervisor in the eCommerce Management Bureau of the Office of State Procurement. The primary function is to serve as the technical support and system administration of Maryland’s statewide eProcurement solution (eMaryland Marketplace Advantage or “eMMA”). This role works with the Support Supervisor, partner solution provider, and other stakeholders to implement technical, functional, and policy-specific features and configurations, to ensure the overall value and effectiveness of eMMA in support of the State’s business activities between sister agencies, institutions of higher education, public bodies, and the private vendor community. Provides technical and operational system administration, including level 1 and level 2 support for internal customers (State procurement officers and buyers) and external customers (University and Municipality procurement staff, and the vendor community) using mid-to-advanced application and database programming skills and languages. Supports the Supervisor as subject-matter expert to advise internal and external policymakers, procurement, business services staff, and other stakeholders in the development of best practices and procedures for system use, management, and maintenance. Monitors incoming system-based requests and comments to assist in the improvement of the customer experience and general ease of use and overall performance. Supports recommendations, developments, and implemented statistical measures and analytics monitoring solicitation events, contract management, vendor engagement, and compliance with State laws and regulations. Acts as associate and backup System Administrator with all delegated and shared system management responsibilities for the entire customer base.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Documents all system changes, developments, and configurations for continuity of service, disaster recovery, training supplemental material, and regular audits.
- Develops and maintains a deep technical and functional expertise in the eMMA platform tool including staying current in all Ivalua Solution training and certifications.
- Supports implementation of system configurations and programming changes. Assists in maintaining underlying system architecture including: code, configurations, structures, data elements, queries, file systems, and integrations with supporting and complementary systems.
- Supports the eMMA Support Specialist Supervisor and Help Desk staff, as the secondary System Administrator, in responding to customer feedback and requests for support in managing remedies, fixing bugs, improving user experience, and system function.
- Supports the implementation, development, and solution architecture of the eMMA application platform. Assists in requirements gathering and documentation to meet current and future business needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must possess the following selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- The general experience listed above must include two (2) years of experience in SQL development and design.
- The general experience listed above must include one (1) year of experience with system integration procedures and tools (ETL, EAI, SOA).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Intermediate knowledge in business enterprise reporting and analytics.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, JDE, Ivalua.
- Experience with procurement and/or supply-chain management concepts.
- Experience with SaaS solutions.
- Experience with SQL Server, PL/SQL, or OLAP Cubes.
- Experience working with a technically diverse client-base from novice front-end users to experienced system architects.
- Experience working with a CSM and/or ITSM software application.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.