IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||9/14/2021 1:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to LIST ALL EXPERIENCE AND ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Headquarters
Information Technology Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Maintain and monitor network and server operations
Responsible for backing up and restoring data
Providing user and system support services
Perform special assignments such as hardware configuration review, feasibility studies which involve long-range planning and an understanding and evaluation of diverse technical options to determine the course of current and future information technology solutions, methods and standards
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or commander
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1) Experience with data center operations, including VMware virtualization, infrastructure, systems monitoring and disaster recovery.
2) Network certification from Cisco such as CCNP, CCNA or CCIP.
3) Knowledge of network planning and administration of Microsoft AD and NetApp.
4) Experience with Veeam.
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for positions in this position will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a rating of training and experience provided on the application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED categories. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill this vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You will be administered a typing test to demonstrate the ability to type accurately at a minimum of twenty net words per minute. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.