IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR I - MDH Contractual
|Department||Maryland Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 7:06:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.59 - $47.52/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Establishing formal Agile Scrum Software Development
Lifecycle. Which includes organizing feedback from Providing product management expertise to PrepMod, including but not limited to:
- Implementing new issue tracking software, JIRA, across entire Product Defect and Enhancement Strategy and Production Releases.
- Defect (Issue) intake management, prioritization, monitoring, resolution, and release.
- Product Enhancement intake management, prioritization, monitoring, resolution, and release.
- Performing QA/UAT/Performance Testing on functionality of all Production Releases within demo environment to provide quality assurance and assistance to the MDH team.
- Building effective release cadence utilizing PrepMod’s release schedule and aligning to MDH and LHD’s needs and schedule.
- Establishing regular cadence with PrepMod and MDH to review JIRA Backlog (issues/defects and enhancements).
- Creating and establishing product roadmap and RACI of enhancements and changes to present to CTO on scope of work and resource allocation for co-model relationship.
- Gathering technical requirements for Defects (Issues) and Enhancements and develop into robust User Case Stories to present to PrepMod.
- Investigating features and functionalities of PrepMod system for addition of Pre-Registration/waitlist, Hospital additions to platform, 2nd dose automatic scheduling of appointments, SMS text messaging, etc.
- Delivering Pre-Registration optimization analysis and recommendations for potential feature enhancement.
- Coordinating and assisting LHD’s in utilizing CRISP for Pre-Registration list data cleansing process.
- Creating new vaccine onboarding process for future vaccines that are FDA approved.
- Reviewing PrepMod’s training program, setting up and conducting train the trainer workshop sessions for Local Health Departments (LHD’s).
- Providing support to the LHDs for issues, problem resolution, and general questions. Acting as a liaison between LHDs and PrepMod. Supporting coverage for PrepMod during times of need like outage or release schedule.
- Evaluating Usage of PrepMod to identify process improvement areas.
- Vendor management of PrepMod Software Licensing and Contracts.
- Preparing for environmental, policy, procedural changes for example Open Clinic by improving Marylandvax.org flow and user experience.
- Setting up Tiger teams to respond to any and all LHD’s who require technical or customer support, additional training, and help with intake and solutions for issues and enhancements.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|