IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST I - MDH Contractual
|Department||Maryland Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 7:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.57 - $34.33/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Developing and managing strategic communication plan between MDH, Local Health Departments, and PrepMod. Developing Improvement/Communication Plan (go to green plan).
- Creating daily status report highlighting day's key accomplishments and issues for CTO, Governor Chief of Staff, and Deputy Chief Information Office to present to Governor's office.
- Coordinating and assisting with Internal Communications Strategy between PrepMod and MDH.
- Creating cadence and disseminating Production Release Notes to LHD’s based on when Agile sprints end.
- Creating and sending LHD weekly PrepMod Newsletter highlighting:
- Key Performance Indicators to illustrate Program Highlights.
- Key wins and accomplishments for issue resolutions and enhancements that were released into production during the week.
- Release schedule emphasizing what will be released in production the following week.
- Issues, risks, and enhancements and their status.
- Pipeline activity and their status.
- Tips/training/best practices for LHD’s to leverage.
- Important upcoming dates
- Scheduling, designing, and conducting weekly LHD PrepMod office hours workshops to explain upcoming enhancements, providing status of key issues, collecting new issues encountered, and understanding needed enhancements. Using platform to open communication dialogue and disseminate best practices utilized by LHD’s for PrepMod processes.
- Collecting information from the PrepMod user community (ie LHDs) for different needs (i.e., to perform assessment of FEMA reporting requirements for President’s Executive Order on Equality.)
- Ensuring PrepMod is compliant with rules and regulations (i.e., long term solution for addition of ADA requirements to PrepMod system.)
- Conducting monthly surveys to capture pulse of the LHD’s in order to understand sentiment towards PrepMod, pain points, desired enhancements, and key issues encountered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: Six months of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|