COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST LEAD
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||3/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/13/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 with growth over time $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender (OPD) is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
OPD has a centralized Information Technology headquarters office located in Anne Arundel County and numerous field locations to include local OPD offices, courthouses, local detention centers and mental health hospitals. The Information Technology Division provides department-wide technology planning, acquisition, policies, connectivity, and support for a broad portfolio of infrastructure and applications operating in an enterprise caliber environment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Information Technology Division
989 Corporate Drive
Linthicum, Maryland 21090
Main Purpose of Job
Assisting senior engineers in day-to-day operations including but not limited to on site installation, backup software maintenance, data center operations and server hardware maintenance.
Overseeing junior technicians in the process of troubleshooting, knowledge transfer and ultimately resolving the ticket.
Manage desktop problems, hardware problems in a fast-paced environment.
Handling requests for support via multiple platforms of communication such as phone system, email, walk-ins, and onsite interactions with users.
Resolve troubleshooting network issues, printer issues, VPN Account issues, Microsoft Office applications, Office365 administration, G-Suite administration, and general connectivity issues.
Manage Active Directory environment, account creation, and resolving complex issues with account attributes.
Resolve local windows account issues on laptops and desktops.
Maintain ticketing systems, ticket documentation, and proper escalation.
Handle field deployment of desktop, network equipment, advanced desktop imaging, and time management and prioritization.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience planning, integrating, and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing, and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing, and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing, and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience in leading junior and mid-level staff, guide,
assist, and documentation.
Experience customer service in a technical environment
Experience in desktop support, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Experience Active Directory day-to-day operations, as well as advanced Active Directory management skills.
MCP (Microsoft Certified)
Strong communication skills.
Strong Customer Service skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8500, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.