COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST LEAD
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||11/15/2021 4:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carla Harrison|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Maryland Insurance Administration is recruiting for a Computer Network Specialist Lead. This position is responsible for maintaining and updating enterprise servers, administering accounts and permissions, reviewing and monitoring server logs and ensuring server back-ups are processed, tapes are stored off-site and recovery capabilities are documented and tested. Job duties include server administration and support, VOIP administration and support, Finesse Call Centers and Jabber support, and group policies for servers and server restores. Act as a backup VMware Administrator, and participates in the procurement process, for the Infrastructure Services team. This position provides training, and assigns and reviews the work of a Computer Network Specialist.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with the following:
· VoIP Administration
· eDir and AD
· Finesse Call Centers and Jabber support
· Windows Server Patching
· Virus Protection
2. Experience working with the following protocols:
3. Experience with the following operating systems:
· Windows Server 2012 and up
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may consist of a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination.
Please contact: email@example.com for additional information concerning this recruitment. Online applications are strongly preferred. For immediate consideration, upload one WORD or PDF file, at the "Resume" tab, that contains:
1. a cover letter stating your interest and specific salary requirements; and
2. a current professional resume.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application by mail. The paper application must be received by close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Complete application packets may be mailed to:
Maryland Insurance Administration
Human Resources - Recruitment #: 21-004503-0005
St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.