FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Business Services|
|Date Opened||4/26/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/10/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,468.00 - $42,622.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Experience verifying financial transactions
3. Customer service experience
4. Processing invoices
5. Verifying vendor information
6. ADPICS & RSTAR experience
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.