FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||9/15/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,820.00 - $42,053.00/year with the potential growth to $51,385.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia McMillian|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Six months of experience using Excel spreadsheets or a similar program.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplement questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 142 Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 p.m on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning this recruitment process for this position, please contact 410-767-7199.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.