FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DGS Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||9/14/2021 12:33:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,039- $58,359/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Providing technical guidance and directions concerning fiscal policies and procedures to fiscal clerical staff in various units of DGS.
- Entering, posting, recording and executing payments in the accounting system by capturing appropriate data from various approved source documents.
- Reconciling DGS accounting systems to fiscal control systems on a periodic basis by comparing the reports of the two accounting systems, locating and researching differences, tracing discrepancies to source documents, making necessary adjustments and maintaining an audit trail as it relates to Critical Maintenance Account, and Fleet Service invoices.
- Resolving accounting and budgetary issues as it relates to the proper submission of Expense Vouchers for various DGS employees.
- Researching discrepancies in account balances by retrieving and examining original chronological records to design reports to correct miscalculation or posting errors.
- Summarizing numerical data using computer programs, adding machines or calculators for use in the development, to update and implementation of financial records reports to be used by other fiscal staff.
- Communicating with external and internal customers regarding incomplete or inaccurate invoices, reports or delinquent accounts.
- Performing other related duties assigned by the Accountant who works as the Supervisor of the Unit, the Deputy Director and the Director.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One (1) year of fiscal experience with a State of Maryland agency is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience using the State’s Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Experience with Google Suite is preferred.