FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR I
Non-Disaster Grants Branch Manager
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||4/22/2021 09:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $70,600/year with potential for growth to $87,106 - DBM Salary Guidelines Apply|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is an agency of State government that holds primary responsibly and authority for emergency preparedness policy, as well as coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA proactively works to reduce disaster risks and consequence management through collaborative work with Maryland’s communities and partners “To shape a resilient Maryland where communities thrive.” The Mission Support Directorate is a critical component of MEMA’s mission and the successful execution of its preparedness and resilience efforts.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Business Operations.
The Grant Branch Manager (GBM) directs, plans, and organizes MEMA’s Grants Branch including accounting, financial management information systems, budget management, financial planning, and compliance with federal requirements. The position has administrative responsibility for all grants management functions and applies current technology to ensure MEMA operations are consistently and appropriately funded, develops grants processes and procedures for immediate and long range grants management and planning; and ensures compliance with State and Federal rules and regulation. The GBM serves as an advisor for the Manager of Business Operations and other executive staff on all grants-related budget, fiscal reporting, and financial business goals and objectives of MEMA.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Grants management information systems work
- Budget Management
- Financial Planning and Management
- Develop Process and Procedures
- Financial Reporting
- Coordinating with Finance Branch
- Coordinating with agency procurement personnel
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Directors, or Operations Personnel
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience working with the full Federal Grants life cycle.
1. Additional experience working with the full Federal Grants life cycle may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Knowledge and experience with Non-Disaster Grants portal, managing EMPG, HSGP, NSGP and HMEP grants, experience working with the Grants Reporting Tool, Grants.Gov and k2Share SPARS portal