FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR III
Chief of General Accounting
|Department||LABOR - Office of Administration|
|Date Opened||4/30/2021 06:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/14/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $80,437.00 with potential growth up to $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- The individual oversees the reimbursable funds and accounts payable functions of the Department. This individual also supervises the operation of the working funds of the Department. They are called upon to make administrative decisions as to the applicability of various rules and regulations governing the expenditure of funds. This position is responsible for the oversight and administration of the remote deposit service. Further, this position is responsible for ensuring the lock-box and electronic licensing accounts are reconciled and revenues are distributed to their respective divisions on a monthly basis. Also, this individual is responsible for the retention and revision of records that verify the revenues, expenditures and allocations, including Lock-box and e-licensing documentation. These records are kept to ensure that funds are credited as received and fund balance ledgers.
- This individual is responsible for coordinating the operation of the Department’s complex automated cost accounting and comprehensive financial management information system. The Relational Standard Accounting System (R*STARS) is a comprehensive financial management information system designed to meet the sophisticated accounting and reporting needs of the State of Maryland. This system provides numerous functional capabilities and processing options that require constant monitoring and revision to ensure proper operation
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting systems, records, and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 21-004530-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|