|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||3/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/8/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Spanier|
LOCATION OF POSITION
13800 McMullen Hwy SW, Cumberland, MD 21502
Anne Arundel County
7931 Brock Bridge Rd, Jessup, MD 20794
6776 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD 21215
18701 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
This position serves to support the supervisory level Accountant in analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, preparing financial reports and statements, and to give fiscal advice to management.
A. Report Preparation & Reconciliation
1. For facility Accountants - Incumbent will assist in preparation of the following reports: Inmate Welfare Fund Report (monthly), Overtime Report (bi-weekly), Food Report (monthly), Inmate Accounts Reconciliation, (monthly) Corporate Purchasing Card Reconciliation. Compiles and reconciles the combined Maryland Offender Banking System/ Financial Management Information System (MOBS/FMIS) Monthly Reconciliation on all inmate transactions for the assigned correctional institution. Prepares and post journal entries into FMIS on all MOBS transactions.
2. For Non-Facility Accountants – Incumbent will assist in preparation of the following reports: Reconciles all cash receipts and payments in FMIS on a monthly basis. Perform Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconciles the credit card or tele-check transactions to the deposits Updates and reconciles the daily revenue monitoring balances in fund allocations Perform reconciliations of the Central Collections Unit Accounts Research and trace ACH daily transaction statement to payments made in the Accounts Receivable System and to the State’s Financial Management Information System (FMIS) Prepare journal entries to close the invoice in FMIS Corporate Purchasing Card Reconciliation
B. Budget Preparation & Management Incumbent will assist in preparation of annual budget request; prepare budget forms, post information in BARS, review prior year expenditures and appropriations for assigned agency program(s). Will also assist in preparing the monthly budget projections analyzing current and prior year expenditures. Assist in formulating spending strategies based on the appropriations and projected expenditures
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience with the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) or similar financial management system to process accounting data.
Experience in preparing annual budget requests and monthly budget projections.
Experience in preparing a three-part reconciliation of bank account with two accounting systems.
Proficiency in Excel and preparing spreadsheets.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.