|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||9/14/2021 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Proficient/Experience with Microsoft Excel
Experience preparing, examining, analyzing, and interpreting financial statements
Experience with accounts receivable or reconciliations
Experience with the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
Experience in reviewing, tracking, reconciling, and processing expense account reports, grant awards, or inventory
Knowledge of and experience with procurement
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number (21-004547-0010) on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Please include your resume and supplemental questions along with your completed employment application.
Completed application and supportive documentation, may be mailed to:
MD Workers' Compensation Commission
Attn: Personnel Department 7th floor
10 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
For information regarding this recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 410-864-5230.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay