|Date Opened||10/12/2021 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- coding and keying premiums and lease payments
- preparing and keying Fedwires
- processing and keying insurance related payments
- processing and keying agency check reissues and recoveries from the undeliverable and unpresented funds
- processing vendor invoices
- routing daily cash receipts
- reviewing daily DAFR reports and remediating errors/issues
- preparing monthly reconciliations for various accounts
- calculates quarterly check printing fees and submits invoices to participating State agencies
- validates and processes agency biweekly regular and contractual payroll
- proofs accounting transaction batches
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- One of the required years of experience must include payroll processing
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience in accounts payable processing and general ledger account reconciliations
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with State of Maryland accounting and/or R*STARS
- Experience in governmental fund accounting
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This is a full-time, permanent position with the State of Maryland, and is eligible for full State benefits. Some of these benefits include:
· Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans
· Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
· Paid holidays 12-13 per year
· Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
· State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
· Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
· Free parking
To learn more, click here:
Job opportunities within the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant tracking system. Please upload a current copy of your resume with your application.
Electronic application is strongly preferred; however, if you do not have access to a computer, you may send a copy of your resume to the State Treasurer's Office, Human Resources, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis MD 21401, or fax to 410-260-4090.
Any questions regarding this recruitment or the recruitment process may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay