AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT III **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||7/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $71,306.00 with potential growth to $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a design and project manager engineer or architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects.
1. Additional experience as an engineer or architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management (Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture, Professional Engineering Degree, Construction Management Degree)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills and the ability to manage multiple projects of varying size and scope
- Experience with design and construction of institutional and healthcare facilities
- Working knowledge of industry software including AutoCAD or similar 2D drafting programs or REVIT
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Contract administration and cost estimating experience
- Working knowledge of current building codes including: IBC, NFPA, FGI Guidelines for Design of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities, Code of Maryland Regulations, and RS Means cost estimating resources
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.