AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SUPERVISOR
|Department||DNR - Engineering and Construction|
|Date Opened||11/23/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $99,103.00/year (State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Tawes Building, Annapolis, MD (Anne Arundel County)
Matapeake, Stevensville, MD (Queen Anne’s County)
The Department of Natural Resources, Engineering and Construction, is currently accepting applications for two (2) Agency Project Engineer/Architect Supervisors. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire the position(s) you would like to be considered for.
1) The Critical Maintenance Supervisor will serve as Supervisor for DNR Engineering & Construction (E&C). This position supervises Agency Project Engineer/Architect positions and Agency Project Engineer/Architect-Lead positions assigned to DNR E&C. This group is responsible for evaluating, prioritizing, designing, managing, and carrying to completion a wide variety of projects associated with preserving and maintaining buildings, utilities and infrastructure managed by DNR, along with new capital improvements to DNR lands. In addition, this group handles emergency repairs resulting from natural and man-made disasters, as well as other unforeseen emergencies.
2) The In-House Construction Supervisor will manage, administer, and coordinate the In-House Construction Section of Engineering & Construction, including directing land and marine construction project, marsh restoration projects, and supervision of professional and technical personnel as well as season/contractual and clerical staff.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience as a design and project manager engineer or architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects.
1. Additional experience as an engineer or architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Budget and CBIS development preparation experience
2 years Capital Improvement Program experience
2 years supervising staff in the construction industry
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.