Developmental Disabil Assoc Super, CI (Court Ordered) (REPOST)
|Department||MDH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||10/7/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/12/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,439.00 - $58,704.00/year, with potential growth to $73,770.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robin Kessler|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Potomac Center, Hagerstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position is the supervisory level of work providing residential services for developmentally disabled clients. This position is responsible for scheduling, monitoring and coordinating the prescribed treatments and services required for clients’ individual treatment plans and the overall twenty-four hours operation of a cottage or living unit in a residential facility. This position supervises Developmental Disabilities Associates and Direct Care Assistants.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 credit hours in health or human services, education or the behavioral sciences.
Experience: Three years of experience providing residential services in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in the treatment of developmental disabilities in a mental health or closely related curriculum to include a supervised clinical practicum in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting for the required education and two years of experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in the treatment of developmental disabilities in a mental health or closely related curriculum to include a supervised clinical practicum in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional experience providing rehabilitation services in a developmental disability setting at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours of education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should possess the following:
Experience with supervising direct care staff.
Experience working with the intellectually disabled population.
Experience working with a forensic population.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training and maintain current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.