HR ANALYST I DBM
|Department||DBM OPSB Recruitment and Examination Division|
|Date Opened||12/22/2021 2:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jesse Filamor|
The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) is seeking an energetic individual to fill the position of HR Analyst I DBM in their Recruitment and Examination Division.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Conducts data analyses and creates spreadsheets for recruitment data, reports on these data; Learns to prepare position announcements and bulletins for circulation; Learns to prepare job advertisements for local and national publications; Learns to plan and conduct special recruiting activities at job fairs and on college campuses; Learns to review applications and resumes for qualifications; Learns to develop assessments to rank candidates for eligible lists and to use for interview panel rating of candidates; Learns to conduct training for hiring managers concerning recruiting and interviewing policies and procedures; Learns to conduct statewide appointments audit of merit hires; Reviews agency social media, makes recommendations, and designs social media posts.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute professional HR experience in one or more of the following areas: job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, employee relations, labor relations, test development and validation, recruitment and examination, employee benefits, HR management or HR system support services on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Human Resources classifications or Human Resources specialty codes in the Personnel field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Social media experience
- Proficiency with data analysis and spreadsheets including experience with using pivot tables, formulas, graphs, etc.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.