HR ANALYST III DBM
|Department||DBM OPSB Division of Personnel Services|
|Date Opened||11/26/2021 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/10/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of professional HR experience in the areas of either job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, employee relations, labor relations, test development and validation, recruitment and examination, employee benefits, HR management or HR system support services.
1. Candidates may substitute additional professional HR experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited a college or university in the field of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, industrial organization, psychology or other related field on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates for employee or labor relations positions, may substitute the possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited school of law for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Human Resources classifications or Human Resources specialty codes in the Personnel field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of experience using Workday/JobAps for recruitment and other HR processes.
One year of experience with State Leave Bank/Emp-to-Emp Donations Program
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
DBM/Recruitment & Examination Division
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please include a cover letter and resume. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-6352.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.