Workforce Development Specialist
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Headquarters|
|Date Opened||6/3/2021 11:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/17/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,294.00 - $54,521 (with progression to $67,106/year)|
|HR Analyst||Michael Deans|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 14
Annual Salary Range: $42,294 - $54,521 (with progression to $67,106)
*State Salary Guidelines apply for current State employees.
LOCATION OF POSITION
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Serves as the Workforce Development Specialist and contributing partner for the agency reporting to the Workforce Development Administrator. The incumbent assists and facilitates agency training and development initiatives and provides support to the Workforce Development Administrator by designing, developing, and implementing learning infrastructure to support MSDE staff in continuing the development as knowledgeable, efficient, and responsive workforce.
Assists with the design & distribution of training procedures, manuals, & course materials such as handouts and visual materials. Provides support with assessing training needs of agency. Coordinates & schedules workforce development activities. Assists with the maintenance of the Learning Management System (HUB). Keeps training materials updated, in stock & well supplied. Collaborates with designing, delivering, & evaluating training programs for supervisors, managers, & MSDE staff. Facilitates / moderates training sessions. Presents assigned sections of training & orientation programs. Assists with any need in absence of other HR Staff, completes special projects, & engages in training activities to learn about Human Resource operations. Attends trainings, seminars, conferences & other educational opportunities to remain current with emerging trends in the field.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classification or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please be sure to indicate if you have this experience in the job duties section of your application.
Experience with creating, designing, and facilitating training and development for adult learners highly desired.
Previous involvement and experience onboarding new employees and facilitating Orientation preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
To apply for this position online go to MSDE Jobs on JobAps. On-line applications are the preferred method for receiving your application/attachments.
Applicants must include their resume and provide sufficient information on the application to document that they satisfy the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application for - Human Resources Specialist (Workforce Development Specialist) 040564 (JobAps # 21-004914-0004).
Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Fax: 410-333-8950 - This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
For inquiries regarding your MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|