HR OFFICER I
Employee & Medical Services
|Department||MDE - Operational Services Administration|
|Date Opened||5/26/2021 08:41:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989-$58,122 with potential growth to $71,606. State Salary Guidelines apply.|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This does not represent all duties and responsibilities of the position:
EMPLOYEE & MEDICAL SERVICES:
- Provides counsel and guidance regarding the applicability and regulations/procedures pertaining to all categories of leave including FMLA, Leave Bank, Employee-to-Employee, Leave without Pay, Accident Leave, and Parental Leave.
- Communicate and coordinated with IWIF regarding injured employees (workers compensation).
- Provide guidance/direction to employees and managers concerning the application of rules, regulations, policies and procedures concerning medical services areas.
- Provides counsel and guidance regarding effective dates, eligibility, retirement estimates, and purchasing previous service.
- Assures accuracy and provides assistance in the completion of retirement and disability forms.
- Serves as liaison between employees and the State Retirement Agency and MD Supplemental Retirement Plans.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new and evolving changes with Retirement Benefits. Attends retirement coordinator seminars. Maintains retirement coordinator certification.
- Meet with new employees to discuss health benefits options, as well as current employees who have qualifying events, to ensure that they have the information needed to select benefits. Ensure that appropriate benefit enrollment deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and hosts the Annual Open Enrollment Health Fair.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance using extensive knowledge of various policies and procedures related to health insurance issues. Keep abreast of benefits policies and procedures and interpretation of benefits and limitations. Acts as the liaison between employee and the Employee Benefits Unit and handle all benefits related matters.
- Oversee and manage the onboarding process for new hires. Conduct onboarding meetings with new employees and process onboarding paperwork.
RECRUITMENT & EXAMINATION:
- Using JobAps System: Creates requisitions for approval for Skilled and Professional service classifications.
- Using JobAps System: Creates Recruitment Planner/Job Announcements/Supplemental Questions for approval for Skilled & Professional service classifications.
- Participates in various recruitment and employment activities.
- Coordinate and implement New Employee Orientation.
- Assist in the establishment of program goals and objectives for the Office of Human Resources
- Responsible for monitoring and creating all Occupational Safety and Health Administration reports.
- Complete employment verification for Loans, Employment, and Unemployment.
Experience: Two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
2 years professional HR experience using the State’s human resources software Workday;
2 years professional HR experience using the State’s Applicant Tracking system JobAps;
2 years professional HR experience with a Maryland State agency involving various and multiple medical service functions including FMLA and Leave Benefits (Designated Leave, Accident Leave, Parental Leave, and Donated Leave)
2 years professional HR experience with a Maryland State agency involving employee Health Benefits.
2 years professional HR experience with duties related to the coordination of the Maryland State Retirement process for Maryland State employees.
Knowledge and/or experience utilizing the State Personnel and Pensions Article, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Code of Maryland Regulations – Title 17, and related State and Federal HR policies.
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word or Excel to create documents and spreadsheets;
Must possess strong interpretation skills;
Must have strong written and communication skills;
Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently;
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Tammy Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Tammy Lewis/MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537- 3130.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|