HR OFFICER II
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||3/24/2021 12:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/8/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
217 East Redwood Street-15th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Conduct recruitment and administer selection and promotion procedures and instruments that meet legal and Departmental policy and procedures.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Managing full recruitment in the JobAps Applicant Mgt system
• Establishing recruiting requirements by reviewing recruitment documents and meeting with Subject Matter Experts/hiring manager to discuss needs.
• Building applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, etc.
• Attracting applicants by placing creative job advertisements on job sites, professional associations, social media platforms, etc.
• Planning and participating at recruitment events (virtual and/or in person).
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two and one half years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing full cycle recruitment.
2. Experience working with SPMS, Workday, and JobAps or other similar HRIS system.
3. Experience with Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) and Annotated Code of Maryland.
4. Experience developing creative recruitment strategies to attract top candidates.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The recruitment is limited to current Maryland State employees.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. The Certified Eligible list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Applications that do not include a completed supplemental questionnaire will be considered incomplete and may be subject to disapproval.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.