HR OFFICER II
|Department||COMM - Ofc of Admin & Information Technology|
|Date Opened||9/2/2021 07:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position serves as full performance HR generalist interpreting and applying a broad range of policies and procedures as related to a variety of HR areas including: Recruitment, Employment Services, Classification, Compensation, Benefit coordination, Employee Relations. This position manages the administration of and coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff to include personnel policy management and coordination; position management and reporting; employee appraisal process oversight; records management; personnel transactions; new hire onboarding and orientation. The position assists and advises management about Human Resources issues; reports to the Human Resources Director; and leads a Human Resources OfficerThis position coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs to include classification and compensation, recruitment, new hire onboarding, employee relations, benefits, performance appraisal process oversight, records management, position management and reporting, training, retirement coordinator duties, and risk management. The position will conduct full cycle recruitments; develop and evaluate job descriptions; research, compile, and evaluate HR related information and make recommendations; serve as the Agency Benefits Coordinator; and provide advice and guidance to staff regarding HR policies and practices.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two and one half years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
Notes: 1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application and in response to the supplemental questionnaire regarding the qualifications.
1. Work experience with the State of Maryland (or other government) conducting the recruitment and selection process according to State or Federal guidelines.
2. Work experience with JobAps
3. Work experience Workday
4. Work experience with benefits administration duties in a human resources environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
This recruitment contains Supplemental Questions. It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER II World Trade Center
401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258