HR OFFICER III
|Department||MDH Thomas B. Finan Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||1/6/2021 08:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155.00 with potential growth to $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Thomas B. Finan Center, Cumberland, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions as manager of HR Office at Thomas B. Finan Center providing services for more than 185 merit and contractual staff within the center. The HR Office supports the mission of the Finan Center by providing qualified staff to provide the full array of mental health services and support services. HR also supports the staff of the Centers through the provision of benefits and other personnel services. Provides all necessary personnel services to the employees in conformance with Department of Budget and Management rules and regulations, State Merit System Laws and MDH rules and regulations.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee-employer relations, or test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Governmental human resources, especially State of Maryland human resources experience is desired. Knowledge of Workday, JobAps, Joint Commission standards and COMAR a plus.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|