HR OFFICER III
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||2/11/2021 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Baltimore, MD 21220
This position functions as the Civilian Recruitment Manager for the Aviation Command. Provides professional HR services to Aviation Command and the Department in regard to all facets of civilian recruitment, reclassification, HR Administration and personnel related matters. Supervises the Human Resource Officer I and other subordinate personnel.
Manages and oversees the recruitment and selection effort for civilian vacancies within the Aviation Command. This includes permanent, contractual and temporary employees as prescribed by rule.
Uses JobAps for the creation and processing of Jobs; Applications and Applicants.
Conducts all facets of recruitment and selection for civilian classifications and contractual positions as prescribed by rules and regulations and the State's JobAps recruitment program.
Perform personnel reclassifications and promotions.
Supervise the Human Resource Officer I assigned to the Personnel Office that's responsible for civilian recruitment and selection within Aviation Command.
Additional duties assigned by the Aviation Command.
Experience: Three years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1) Three years of experience working with JobAps
2) Human Resource experience including recruitment and employment services
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, Candidates for position in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a rating of the training and experience provided on the application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, and QUALIFIED categories. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill this vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.