CHILD CARE LICENSING SPECIALIST TRAINEE MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||1/8/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State of Maryland Salary Grade 13 - Bargaining Unit "F"
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is a statewide regional recruitment to fill multiple positions as well as future vacancies for the following areas:
- Baltimore Metro Area - [Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel, Harford/Cecil, Howard/Carroll]
- Eastern Shore- [Upper and Lower Shore including Queen Anne's, Dorchester, Talbot, Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Caroline, Dorchester]
- Western MD- [Frederick, Washington, Alleghany, Garrett]
- DC- [Montgomery, Prince Georges]
Please select only the county/s that you are willing to work. Please DO NOT select all.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the position is to support the Office of Child Care’s goal of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of children in child care settings outside their own homes through the licensure of child care centers, the issuance of Letters of Compliance to certain religious child care programs, the registration of family day care homes, and the approval of nonpublic nursery schools and the investigation of complaints lodged against legitimate and illegal child care providers.
- Learns to process prospective provider applications for child care centers, family child care homes and nonpublic nursery schools to determine eligibility for licensure and/or nonpublic nursery school approval by following established office policies and procedures
- Learns to manage caseload, including use of automated technology systems, to determine provider compliance with applicable Code of Maryland Regulations COMAR 13A.15, COMAR 13A.16, and COMAR 13A.17 by following OCC policies and procedures.
- Learns to investigate complaints lodges against licensed, registered and illegal child care providers, and nonpublic nursery schools to determine the validity of allegations by following established office policies and procedures.
- Learns to prepare accurate expense reports ensure timely submission in accordance with MSDE procurement policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelors in Child Development, Education, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited four year college or university.
1. Possession of an Associate's Degree in Early childhood Development, Teacher Education, Sociology or Psychology and two years work experience inspecting, Licensing and mentoring child care centers, family child care homes or nonpublic nursery schools may be substitute for a Bachelor's Degree.
2. The above requirements are set by the Maryland State Department of Education in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications:
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience communicating with customers of diverse backgrounds
- Experience using data systems
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Upon hire employees in this classification are required to submit to State of Maryland background check.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland State Department of Education
Office of Human Resources
C/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes
200 West Baltimore Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload your document(s) by electronic means with the submission of your application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with the following: each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Child Care Licensing Specialist Trainee- [JobAps#: 21-005004-0001). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.