CHILD CARE LICENSING SPECIALIST TRAINEE MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||9/28/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Learns to process prospective provider applications for child care centers, family child care homes and nonpublic nursery schools to determine eligibility for licensure and/or nonpublic nursery school approval by following established office policies and procedures
- Learns to manage caseload, including use of automated technology systems, to determine provider compliance with applicable Code of Maryland Regulations COMAR 13A.15, COMAR 13A.16, and COMAR 13A.17 by following OCC policies and procedures.
- Learns to investigate complaints lodges against licensed, registered and illegal child care providers, and nonpublic nursery schools to determine the validity of allegations by following established office policies and procedures.
- Learns to prepare accurate expense reports ensure timely submission in accordance with MSDE procurement policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelors in Child Development, Education, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited four year college or university.
1. Possession of an Associate's Degree in Early childhood Development, Teacher Education, Sociology or Psychology and two years’ work experience inspecting, Licensing and mentoring child care centers, family child care homes or nonpublic nursery schools may be substitute for a Bachelor's Degree.
2. The above requirements are set by the Maryland State Department of Education in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience communicating with customers of diverse backgrounds
- Experience using data systems
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|