EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE I
Lead Administrator – Business Services
|Department||MSDE - Division of Business Services|
|Date Opened||3/29/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,294.00 - $67,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State of MD Standard Salary Grade 14
LOCATION OF POSITION
200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position is the lead office administrator for the Division of Business Services. The position is responsible for acting as an intermediary for the Assistant State Superintendent; maintaining contact with other agency executive associates and other staff; handling operational details; handling scheduling; maintaining records; reviewing documents to facilitate Assistant State Superintendent review; handling incoming correspondence; tracking fiscal notes during the legislative session; developing forms and summaries; requisitioning supplies; reconciling credit card statements; and special assignments based on knowledge of the Division’s programs and administrative policies and procedures.
Administrative: Serves as the Executive Associate to the Assistant State Superintendent of Business Services. This position is the lead office professional assisting in the administration of the Division of Business Services.
- Assist with scheduling for meetings, special events, and other appointments for the Assistant State Superintendent. Monitor and report on schedules as requested.
- Develop an understanding of the department’s programs, policies and procedures to ensure that correspondence and other documents are handled and routed appropriately and to facilitate communication among divisions.
- Review various forms and other documents that must be acted upon by the Assistant State Superintendent. Conduct initial review to ensure that the document has been properly completed and includes all necessary information. ·
- Prepare and/or review correspondence for signature of the Assistant State Superintendent, Division Director, Deputy State Superintendent or State Superintendent. Using a Workflow Control System, distribute correspondence to the appropriate Branch or Office for response.
Internal Website Maintenance: Maintains the internal website for the Division of Business Services.
- Updates the internal website with Accounting, Procurement, Budget, Fiscal Reporting, and Administrative information.
- Incorporates the usage of dashboards in the presentation of data from the agency’s databases.
- Updates contact information and organizational charts on the website.
Daily Office Administrative Duties: Establish and maintain office protocols for the Division of Business Services Offices and Branches. Provide secretarial support to the Division’s Offices and Branches as needed.
- Initiate purchases and maintain the credit card for the Office of the Assistant State Superintendent for products, services, publications, registrations, etc. Ensure timely payment of invoices, reconcile credit card statements, and maintain property control.
- Serve as the Accountable Office for inventory control for the Division of Business Services.
- Serve as the Division representative for MSDE Executive Team Secretaries Committee, and the MSDE Building Maintenance Committee.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Communications or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
EXPERIENCE: Four years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative support.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one-year experience for 40 credit hours of education for up to 180 credit hours of the required education.
2. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Documents
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience Presenting Information on the Internet using various Social Media Platforms
- Visual Analytics Experience
- Database Experience
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position and your answers to the supplemental questions (if required).
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and not write "see resume.” Incomplete applications will not be considered.
On-line applications (and resumes) are the preferred method for receiving your application/attachments. Using this method will allow applicants to access their documents for future recruitments for which they apply and verify that the appropriate documents (resume-credentials) have been attached to the recruitment that requires them. Applicants must include their resume and provide sufficient information on the application to document that they satisfy the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application for - Executive Associate I Lead Administrator (Business Services) – (JobAps #21-005051-0001). Mailing Address: Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. Fax: 410-333-8950 – This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities available upon request.