EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE I
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||11/30/2021 09:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,294-$67,106/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management for the MD Department of General Services, at 29 St Johns St. Annapolis, Maryland 21401.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide direct executive administrative support to the Office of Facilities Management Assistant Secretary and Director of Operations.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Act as a point of contact for the Assistant Secretary’s office among Executive Staff, employees, clients and other agencies.
• Manage calendar for the Assistant Secretary and Director of Operations; assist in planning appointments, meetings and conferences.
• Attend meetings and keep minutes. Make travel arrangements.
• Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner. Receive and screen phone calls, redirecting them when appropriate.
• Maintain electronic and paper records, ensuring information is organized and easily accessible. Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mails, letters, packages, etc.) Monitor and order office supplies. Prepare invoices and assist with budget.
• Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned.
• Prepare correspondence for signature of the Assistant Secretary and Director of Operations.
• Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure. Monitor all deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years’ experience in executive administrative work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in executive administrative work on a year-for year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
• Office management and calendar management experience, to include setting up meetings.
• Experience conducting research and preparing presentations, correspondence and reports.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.