Education Data Analyst
Education Program Specialist I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Salary||$65,857.00 - $105,735.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Daniel Otakie|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Monitors and evaluates all programmatic and fiscal activities of the Judy Center sites operated by local boards of education. Frequently travel to sites for monitoring purposes and program improvement, documenting each visit with comprehensive reports. Reviews and assists in the development of monitoring policies and programs for Judy Centers. Writes logical, comprehensive, concise reports and correspondence in regards to Judy Centers and Judy Center component standards. Approves and monitors budgets, amendments, reporting and expenditures for Judy Center grants. Offers strategic guidance and conducts regular professional development for Judy Center staff based on their needs and challenges as they occur. Defines and tracks the key performance indicators for established component standards through routine monitoring. Develops corrective action plans when necessary and closely monitor progress. Reviews reports to ensure goal and objectives are met and provide feedback to the Judy Centers. Makes recommendations on state approved goals and objectives for Judy Center grant funded programming.
Education: A Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of administrative or teaching experience in, or affiliated with, an education program.
1. Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of experience using, cleaning, managing, and analyzing data sets.
- 2 years of experience using statistical software including Excel, SAS, SPSS, or similar software programs.
- 2 years experience managing high-volume or ad-hoc data analysis tasks.
To apply for this position online go to MSDE Jobs on JobAps (or complete an MSDE Application on marylandpublicschools.org). On-line applications (and resumes) are the preferred method for receiving your application/attachments. Using this method will allow applicants to access their documents for future recruitments for which they apply and verify that the appropriate documents (resume-credentials) have been attached to the recruitment that requires them. Applicants must include their resume and provide sufficient information on the application to document that they satisfy the minimum qualifications for this recruitment.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application for EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST I, Program Evaluation Specialist, JobAps# 21-005055-0034. Mailing Address: Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. Fax: 410-333-8950 – This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only. If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities available upon request