RESEARCH AND DATA SPECIALIST
EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST I
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||12/28/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,857.00 - $105,735.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Daniel Otakie|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Access, collect, describe, and analyze data for use in decision-making by the agency and State Board of Education.
- Assist in designing and executing projects from agency’s research agenda by developing research questions and appropriate study design/methodology; conducting rigorous statistical data analysis; and interpreting and communicating results.
- Communicate findings of research to appropriate audience.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure appropriate data collection for use in data analysis and research.
- Write reviews of extant research on a variety of education-related topics.
- Collect and review education-related policies from other states or jurisdictions.
- Evaluate research on educational programs, activities, and interventions to determine whether research meets standards of quality and rigor.
- Analyze data on behalf of the agency’s other offices and divisions such that they can monitor and evaluate their programs (for example, by designing and administering surveys or supporting the development of other data collection tools).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years experience using, cleaning, managing, and analyzing data sets.
- Two years experience using analytic statistical software programs
- Two years experience managing high volume or ad-hoc data analysis task
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-333-8950. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For general questions regarding this announcement, please contact email@example.com or call 410-767-0012.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|