MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Soft Goods
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||10/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,981.00 - $64,750.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jada Newman|
Inspire Change. Invest in your future. Improve your community.
Maryland Correctional Enterprises (MCE) is the self-sustaining, vocational training arm of the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). Our goal is to teach our program participants the technical skills and work ethics needed to obtain employment after they are released. For more information, visit us online at www.mce.md.gov
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainees.
- Trains incarcerated individuals in production methods to include textiles, apparel, and embroidery production.
- Supervises incarcerated individuals in actual performance of the production process from withdrawing raw materials to preparation for shipping.
- Sets up and breaks down various machinery.
- Makes minor repairs as required.
- Trains/instructs incarcerated individuals in proper use of production machinery.
- Reviews trainee progress and proposes incentives when applicable.
- Inspects work-in-process and finished goods.
- Must be able to produce jobs as specified in customers purchase orders.
- Trains and instructs incarcerated individuals in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety, and Personal Safety as related to their trade.
- Distributes and collects tools in accordance with institutional policies.
- Participates in safety counts at the beginning and end of shift as well as lunch periods.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in commercial textile/apparel manufacturing, sewing, upholstery, production line assembly or related fields.
- Experience supervising and training individuals on production processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications and/or ERP manufacturing software.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.