MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||5/4/2021 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,981.00 - $64,750.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Miller|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County
7800 House of Correction Road
Jessup, MD 20794
To provide Training and Supervision to an inmate work force in a furniture manufacturing plant.
The incumbent is responsible for learning to train & supervise an inmate work force in the operation of a furniture manufacturing plant and for the production of related products. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainers.
- Train inmate workers in production methods of a specified product to include woodworking, sanding, assembly, staining, and finishing.
- Supervise inmate workers in actual performance of the production process from determining raw material needs to preparation for shipping.
- Set up and break down various machinery including CNC Routers, rotary saws, hand tools, etc.
- Train/instruct inmates in proper use of wood and laminate production machinery.
- Review inmate worker progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Produce shop drawings/cutting bills as needed.
- Inspect work-in-process and finished goods.
- Train and instruct inmates in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety, and Personal Safety as related to their trade.
- Distribute tools to inmate workers and collect same at the end of shift.
- Participate in inmate head count at beginning and end of shift as well as lunch periods.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience in Production or related field.
1. Specific educational requirements and other selection standards are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- One year of experience in woodworking, carpentry, CNC operation or a related field.
- One year of experience supervising or training employees in an industrial manufacturing environment.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|