MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||12/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,981.00 - $64,750.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jada Newman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainers.
- Supervise inmate workers in actual performance of the production process from determining raw material needs to preparation for shipping.
- Set up and break down various machinery including CNC Routers, rotary saws, hand tools, etc.
- Review inmate worker progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Produce shop drawings/cutting bills as needed.
- Inspect work-in-process and finished goods.
- Train and instruct inmates in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety, and Personal Safety as related to their trade.
- Distribute tools to inmate workers and collect same at the end of shift.
- Participate in inmate head count at beginning and end of shift as well as lunch periods.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.