EDUCATION & EXHIBITION SPEC I
JPPM Public Services Coordinator (Contractual)
|Department||MDP Museum Services|
|Date Opened||4/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/13/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gabriella Huth|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Ensures that quality visitor services are offered at the Museum Visitor Center, including greeting visitors, responding to requests for information, and training seasonal visitor center staff.
- Manages all aspects of the Show Barn Museum Shop including purchasing, accounting, guest services, pricing and returns.
- Schedules and coordinates Pavilion and waterfront rentals as well as the diverse uses of the Museum Visitor Center. This includes responding to rental inquiries, providing tours of the facilities to potential renters, providing on-site guidance for renters on the day of their events, and marketing the rental facilities in the region.
- Processes reservations for workshops, camps, rentals, and special programs at the facility. Act as the main point of contact for callers/visitors seeking information about JPPM.
- Assists the Business Manager with financial tasks as needed.
- Participates in special events sponsored by JPPM.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Director.
- Evening and weekend work will be required.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in customer service or retail and / or working in a museum setting
- Experience with retail operations
- Experience with event planning or event coordination
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|