EMS SYSTEMS ENG
|Department||MD Institute for Emergency Medical Svcs Systems|
|Date Opened||10/28/2021 4:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $99,103.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Loni Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Design, implement and document TDM circuits over the statewide microwave system providing for the needs of state, county, and local agencies
- Design and implementation of new IP based communication patching systems to replace existing analog based systems
- Identifies and evaluates alternative site locations in support of the statewide microwave and radio communications system
- Designs and licenses microwave paths as part of the SIEC Technical group to support he statewide 700 MHz radio system and MIEMSS Communications
- Prepares formal communications system design proposal including site surveys, path profiles, cost estimates and construction and equipment specifications
- Prepares and submits Federal Communications Commission licensing applications compliant with appropriate Federal regulations
- Provides technical advice and solutions to complex maintenance problems beyond the capabilities of the MIEMSS technical staff
- Acts as project engineer in the installation of communication equipment or related structures
- Maintains an awareness of the state of the art as it relates to Emergency Medical Communications ad field provider needs
- Assess the agency's equipment needs and prepares appropriate equipment specifications
- Woks in conjunction with the Deputy Director to deploy and maintaining critical infrastructure
- State travel to perform various duties
- Substantial knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology, and recent technological advances in radio, fiber optics, and microwave communications in relation to voice, video and date communications
- Ability to understand and apply Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations; electronic principles and practices in the development and installation of communication systems
- Knowledge of Bio-medical devices and procedures
- Prepare specifications and make final engineering recommendations of various radio, fiber and microwave communications systems
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage contractors from conceptual design through implementation
- Knowledge of data communications and techniques; specifically familiarity with Cisco switches, routers and IP based phone products
- Knowledge of propagation and geographical influences on the design and operation of telecommunications systems
- Proficient knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Visio, Project, and Outlook
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years in the communications field, with at least one year of which is in the design and implementation of two-way radio, terrestrial microwave, mobile data or other wireless communications systems
- One year of experience in a public safety environment
- One year of experience leading a technical group and delegating work to others
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.