ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM MANAGER I
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
|Department||COMM - Secretariat Services|
|Date Opened||2/8/2021 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/12/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the Chief Internal Auditor position to report to the Secretary of the Department.
LIMITED TO EXISTNG STATE EMPLOYEES
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will perform the following duties: coordinate the agency’s audit response process, and provide technical assistance and advisory services to agency staff and audit customers; supervise lower level auditor; make recommendations for prompt, efficient, and effective resolutions to audit issues; serve as the liaison with the Legislative Auditors in performance and fiscal /compliance audits of agency; coordinate responses to discussion notes; draft audit reports; assist in obtaining documentation and information; coordinate various aspects of the audit process. Some statewide travel may be required.
The selected person will possess a working knowledge in the following areas: accepted auditing standards; theory and practices; government auditing standards; accounting principles and practices; business administration and management practices. Proven ability in determining compliance with or deviations from the provisions of statutes or contracts and in preparing accurate and concise audit work papers. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication and analytical skills.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing AND
Experience: Six years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of auditing experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Describe in detail any job duties relating to the qualifications stated on your application:
1. Three years of experience participating in Maryland State government audit engagements.
2. Three years of experience participating in Legislative Audit and follow-up reviews.
3. In-depth working knowledge and skill in planning and performing audits, analyzing records, reports, and other business and financial documents pertinent to an audit.
4. Three years supervisory experience.
5. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Google Mail, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, other relevant software
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: email@example.com
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|