ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Deputy Director of Media Relations
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||8/31/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,280.00 - $112,848.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Advise and coordinate the Department’s proactive media relations strategy
- Respond to the Department’s media inquiries and coordinate interviews for the Superintendent, Administration leadership, program directors, and others authorized to speak on behalf of the department, research responses to media inquiries; draft and edit press releases, talking points, letters to the editor, and other written materials as needed
- Coordinate and pitch press conferences
- Act as agency spokesperson, responding directly to interview requests and providing statements on behalf of the Department
- Develop and maintain relationships with media partners and influencers
- Conduct media training and prepare interview participants; draft and review departmental press releases, reports, letters, talking points, scripts for video, podcasts, etc., as needed
- Supervise public relations specialist and public information act coordinator, oversee social media platforms, ensuring quality work and timely deliverables, in addition to addressing human resource/personnel matters.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|